Monday, June 30, 2008

Web 2.0 Award Winners

I had a great time with this assignment. I looked at almost everything on that chart. I checked out Google Docs. The video "Google Docs in Plain English" was helpful. There should be one of those for every tool in Web 2.0! Commmoncraft videos are the best. I think Google Docs is easier to use than Zoho Writer, but I didn't see that you could post what you write to a blog. In that way, Zoho Writer is better to use. I took the tour of Lulu which is basically for self-publishing and digital publishing. You can publish photo albums... like of your wedding or other special event. It would be handy for someone who does genealogical research to make "books" for members of a family. Lulu will also sell what you publish on their site and you can make 80% of the profits from what sells. They also have a blog site and a newsletter. Perhaps libraries celebrating a 50th anniversary could publish a book that could be sold to raise funds for the Friends organization.

I checked out all of the food related winners and enjoyed a video of how to make grilled clams and mussels. I am just so impressed with the videos I am seeing on these sites! You could spend all day watching videos.

On Biblio, I searched for an old Uncle Wiggly book that I had read as a child. There were lots of hits. If you are looking for an old book, this is the place to go. I can see why it is a winner.

No comments: