Saturday, June 14, 2008

Webfeat

I searched my hometown (a tiny little rural one) in ALL databases. Big mistake. It sent Webfeat into a long grind and it came to a halt. It did that several times. Maybe it was because we had just had an electrical storm and, I heard later, the phones went out. After several tries, it finally came up with several hundred hits. Webfeat searches deeply and thoroughly! There were several hits from magazines to which children had sent handmade pictures and listed their residence as that little rural town. It was interesting to see how many articles there were that mentioned that little town. When I was growing up there, I didn't think anyone even knew it existed!
I find that you get better and narrower results when you don't search in too many databases at one time. Webfeat is handy for looking in more than one, though.

No comments: